Website Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this site.
These terms and conditions (these Terms) tell you the rules for using our website https://www.melitta.co.uk as well as any related applications (website or site).
Click on the links below to go straight to more information on each area:
- Who we are and how to contact us
- By using our site you accept these terms
- Information you provide to us
- There are other terms that may apply to you
- We may make changes to these terms
- We may make changes to our site
- We may suspend or withdraw our site
- Modifications to and availability of the Site
- Our site is only for users in the UK, aged 18 or over
- You must keep your account details safe
- How you may use material on our site
- Do not rely on information on our site
- We are not responsible for websites we link to
- User-generated content is not approved by us
- Content you provide to us
- Our content
- Link to third party content
- How to complain about content uploaded by other users
- Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- Site management
- How we may use your personal information
- Uploading content to our site
- Rights you are giving us to use material you upload
- We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- Rules about linking to our site
- Company and Product Reviews
- Which country's laws apply to any disputes?
- Our trademarks are registered
https://www.melitta.co.uk is a site operated by Melitta UK Ltd (we, our or us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 01243964 and have our registered office at 45 Hortonwood, Telford, Shropshire, TF1 7FA. Our main trading address is 45 Hortonwood, Telford, Shropshire, TF1 7FA. Our VAT number is GB 927 1132 44.
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone our customer service line on 0800 028 8002*. Our team is available Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm. We are closed on weekends and Bank Holidays.
*National rates for UK landlines and mobiles apply. As some mobile and other network call charges may vary, please refer to your service provider for more details.
Our site provides the following services:
An online shop that provides physical goods and services for those goods, including, but not limited, to product warranties (Services).
If you do not agree to these terms, then you are prohibited from using our site (and thereby accessing the Services) and you must discontinue use immediately.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
You represent and warrant that:
- all registration information you submit will be true, accurate, current, and complete and relate to you and not a third party;
- you will maintain the accuracy of such information and promptly update such information as necessary;
- you will keep your password confidential and will be responsible for all use of your password and account;
- you have the legal capacity and you agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions; and
- you are not a minor in the jurisdiction in which you reside, or if a minor, you have received parental permission to use the Site.
If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or terminate your account. We may remove or change a user name you select if we determine that such user name is inappropriate.
If you purchase Services from our site, our Terms and conditions of supply will apply to the sales.
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. These terms were most recently updated on 19/9/2019.
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any major changes.
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
We reserve the right to change, modify, or remove the contents of the site at any time or for any reason at our sole discretion without notice. We also reserve the right to modify or discontinue all or part of the Services without notice at any time.
We cannot guarantee the site and Services will be available at all times. We may experience hardware, software, or other problems or need to perform maintenance related to the site, resulting in interruptions, delays, or errors. You agree that we have no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage, or inconvenience caused by your inability to access or use the Site or Services during any downtime or discontinuance of the site or Services. We are not obliged to maintain and support the site or Services or to supply any corrections, updates, or releases.
There may be information on the site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to the services, including descriptions, pricing, availability, and various other information. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions and to change or update the information at any time, without prior notice.
You are also responsible for ensuring that all persons who access our site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and Conditions and other applicable terms and conditions and that they comply with them.
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
The information provided on our site is not intended for distribution to or use by any person or entity in any jurisdiction or country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject us to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country.
Visitors under the age of 18 should not register with our site or submit any information to us. or use the Services without parental permission.
You may not access or use our site for any purpose other than that for which we make our site and our Services available. Our Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
If you access the Services via a mobile application, then we grant you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited right to install and use the mobile application on wireless electronic devices owned or controlled by you, and to access and use the mobile application on such devices strictly in accordance with the terms and conditions of this license.
The following terms apply when you use a mobile application obtained from either the Apple Store or Google Play (each an App Distributor) to access the Services:
- The licence granted to you for our mobile application is limited to a non-transferable licence to use the application on a device that utilizes the Apple iOS or Android operating system, as applicable, and in accordance with the usage rules set forth in the applicable App Distributor terms of service;
- We are responsible for providing any maintenance and support services with respect to the mobile application as specified in these Terms or as otherwise required under applicable law. You acknowledge that each App Distributor has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the mobile application;
- In the event of any failure of the mobile application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify an App Distributor, and the App Distributor, in accordance with its terms and policies, may refund the purchase price, if any, paid for the mobile application, and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, an App Distributor will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the mobile application;
- You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. government list of prohibited or restricted parties;
- You must comply with applicable third party terms of agreement when using the mobile application, e.g., if you have a VoIP application, then you must not be in breach of their wireless data service agreement when using the mobile application; and
- You acknowledge and agree that the App Distributors are third party beneficiaries of these Terms, and that each App Distributor will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
This website may include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site do not represent our views or values.
There may be opportunities for you to post content to the site or send feedback to us (user content). You understand and agree that your user content may be viewed by other users on the Site, and that they may be able to see who has posted that user content.
You further agree that we can use your user content for any other purposes whatsoever in perpetuity without payment to you, and combine your user content with other content for use within the site and otherwise. We do not have to attribute your user content to you.
In posting user content, including reviews or making contact with other users of the site you shall comply with our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any user content does comply with our Acceptable Use Policy, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of this warranty.
We have the right to remove any user content you put on the site if, in our opinion, such user content does not comply with the Acceptable Use Policy.
We are not responsible and accept no liability for any user content including any such content that contains incorrect information or is defamatory or loss of user content. We accept no obligation to screen, edit or monitor any user content but we reserve the right to remove, screen and/or edit any user content without notice and at any time. User content has not been verified or approved by us and the views expressed by other users on the Site do not represent our views or values.
Unless otherwise indicated, the site and Services including source code, databases, functionality, software, website designs, audio, video, text, photographs, and graphics on the Site (our content) are owned or licensed to us and are protected by copyright and trademark laws.
Except as expressly provided in these Terms and Conditions, no part of the site, Services or our content may be copied, reproduced, aggregated, republished, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, encoded, translated, transmitted, distributed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose whatsoever, without our express prior written permission.
Provided that you are eligible to use the site, you are granted a limited licence to access and use the site and our content and to download or print a copy of any portion of our content to which you have properly gained access solely for your personal, non-commercial use.
You shall not (a) try to gain unauthorised access to the site or any networks, servers or computer systems connected to the site; and/or (b) make for any purpose including error correction, any modifications, adaptions, additions or enhancements to the site or our content, including the modification of the paper or digital copies you may have downloaded.
We shall (a) prepare the site and our content with reasonable skill and care; and (b) use industry-standard virus detection software to try to block the uploading of content to the site that contains viruses.
The content on the site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from taking, any action on the basis of the content on the site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that our content on the site is accurate, complete or up to date.
The site may contain links to websites or applications operated by third parties. We do not have any influence or control over any such third party websites or applications or the third party operator. We are not responsible for and do not endorse any third party websites or applications or their availability or content.
We accept no responsibility for adverts contained within the site. If you agree to purchase goods and/or services from any third party who advertises in the site, you do so at your own risk. The advertiser, and not us, is responsible for such goods and/or services and if you have any questions or complaints in relation to them, you should contact the advertiser.
If you wish to complain about User Content uploaded by other users please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of supply.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion, to:
- monitor the site for breaches of these Terms;
- take appropriate legal action against anyone in breach of applicable laws or these Terms;
- refuse, restrict access to or availability of, or disable (to the extent technologically feasible) any of your content;
- remove from the site or otherwise disable all files and content that are excessive in size or are in any way a burden to our systems; and
- otherwise manage the site in a manner designed to protect our rights and property and to facilitate the proper functioning of the site and Services
We do not guarantee that the site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programs and platform to access the site and you should use your own virus protection software.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described in Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
When you upload or post content to our site, you grant us rights to use that content.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Melitta is a UK registered trademark of Melitta UK Ltd. You are not permitted to use it without our approval, unless they are part of material you are using as permitted under How you may use material on our site.