Competition Terms and Conditions
Conditions of participation and data privacy provisions for 'Facebook competition'
Section 1 Participants
Section 2 Participation
The competition starts on 28.10.2021 and ends 31.10.2021 at 23:59pm. To enter the competition, participants must sign up and opt-in to receive emails from Melitta GmbH (UK Ltd) at the time at which the draw takes place.
Upon signing up for the competition, the participant agrees that their first name and surname may be published in the event of winning the prize.
The participant is responsible for the correctness of the contact details provided.
The event organiser is not obliged to carry out any further enquiries. Moreover, the event organiser reserves the right to check entitlement to enter the competition and the identity of winners.
The event organiser reserves the right to suspend or prematurely terminate the competition for any reason or change the structure of the competition or conditions of participation where the planned procedure is disrupted or impaired, such as in the event of technical problems or any form of hacker attack on the participant website.
By participating in this competition, the participant accepts these terms & conditions of participation and this Data Protection Declaration.
Section 3 Prize, notification and prize presentation
For the competition we are giving away 1x AromaFresh Grind & Brew Therm (1st prize) and 1x Melitta® AMANO (2nd prize). 2x winners will be chosen by random selection as first and second picks. Only one prize per participant may be awarded.
Notification of the prize winners will be posted to Stories on Facebook and Instagram after the end of the competition.
To accept the prize, the winners must respond to the email message they will receive from the event organiser. Should the winners fail to respond to the message within 48 hours of notification, claim to the prize will lapse and alternative prize winners will be chosen.
Cash payment in lieu of the prize is excluded.
Similarly, transfer of the prize to a third party is also excluded.
Section 4 Liability
Section 5 Participant exclusion
Section 6 Dispute resolution procedure
Section 7 Facebook promotion
Section 8 Data protection
- implementation of the competition,
- notification of winners,
- prize presentation and
- publication of winners.
- The right of access without charge to the stored personal data pertaining to the individual and to rectification, blocking or erasure of this data.
- The right to data portability. To the extent that the controller processes the personal data using an automated procedure on the basis of consent or for the fulfilment of a contract, the data subject may receive the personal data in a commonly used, machine-readable format. Insofar as the data subject requests that the data be directly transferred to another controller, this shall occur solely where technically feasible.
- Right to withdraw consent granted. Insofar as the controller processes the data subject's personal data on the basis of consent, this consent may be withdrawn in writing at any time with future effect. The lawfulness of data processing procedures up to the time of withdrawal shall remain without prejudice from the withdrawal.
- The right to object to data processing. The controller will no longer process the data subject's personal data unless the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or where processing serves to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority. Insofar as the data subject considers that the processing of their personal data by the controller is contrary to applicable law, the data subject in question may lodge a respective complaint with any data protection supervisory authority.