Competition Terms and Conditions
Conditions of participation and data privacy provisions for Facebook / Instagram competition'
Details of the conditions of participation and data privacy provisions for our Facebook competition
are provided in the following.
The competition is organised by:
Melitta GmbH (UK Ltd)
Telford Shropshire TF1 7FA
- hereinafter 'Melitta' -
Section 1 Participants
The competition is open solely to participants of 18 years and over who are resident in the United Kingdom. Employees of the Melitta corporate group, its associated companies and commensurate personnel are not permitted to enter the competition.
Section 2 Participation
The competition starts on 19.10.2023 and ends 25.10.2023
To enter the competition, the participants must react and comment on the competition Facebook post of 19.10.2023.
Upon participation in the competition via engagement with the competition post, the participant agrees that, in the event of winning, their first name and surname may be published in the form of a comment.
The participant is responsible for the correctness of the contact details provided.
The event organiser is not obliged to carry out any further enquiries. Moreover, the event organiser reserves the right to check the entitlement to enter the competition and the identity of the winner. The event organiser reserves the right to suspend or prematurely terminate the competition for any reason or change the structure of the competition or conditions of participation where the planned procedure is disrupted or impaired, such as in the event of technical problems or any form of hacker attack on the participant website.
By participating in this competition, the participant accepts these terms & conditions of participation and this Data Protection Declaration.
Section 3 Prize, notification, and prize presentation
For the competition we are giving away 2x General Admission tickets only to see Manchester United vs Manchester City on Sun 29th October 2023. Winner will be chosen by random selection. Only one prize per participant may be awarded. To accept the prize, the winner must respond to the direct message sent by the event organiser to claim the prize.
Cash payment in lieu of the prize is excluded.
Similarly, transfer of the prize to a third party is also excluded.
Section 4 Liability
The participant agrees to indemnify Melitta against all third-party claims based on the infringement of third-party rights insofar as the participant is responsible for such.
Section 5 Participant exclusion
Melitta reserves the right to exclude participants from the competition who have provided false information, infringed the conditions of participation, or have manipulated or facilitated manipulation of the competition. Participation via competition associations or automated services is not permitted.
Section 6 Dispute resolution procedure
The European Commission provides a platform for online dispute resolution (ODR) that can be accessed: https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/main/index.cfm?event=main.home2.show&lng=EN. We are not obliged and are principally unwilling to participate in any dispute resolution procedure before a consumer arbitration board.
Section 7 Facebook / Instagram promotion
The competition has no connection with Meta and is not sponsored, supported, or organised by Meta in any way.
Section 8 Data protection
The controller within the meaning of the GDPR is familiar to the competition event organiser.
The personal data collected within the scope of the competition (participant data) are processed for the purposes required in connection with this competition:
• implementation of the competition,
• notification of winners,
• prize presentation and
• publication of winners.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data for the aforestated purposes and performance of obligations is the contract concluded between the event organiser and the participant in accordance with Art. 6 (1) b GDPR.
Ensuring provision of the aforestated purposes and, consequently, participation in the competition is not possible without the processing of participant data. As a principle, participant data will not be disclosed to third parties, save for where the event organiser effects recourse to service providers for the aforestated purposes.
Participant data will be erased following completion of the competition, provided a longer period of storage is not required on the basis of a statutory retention period (e.g. retention periods for winners under tax or commercial law). In any such case, participant data will only first be erased following expiry of the retention period in question.
Data protection officer contact details: Melitta Data Protection Office, Ringstr. 99, 32427 Minden, Germany, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Insofar as the requirements as detailed in the commensurate provisions have been met, each participant (data subject) is specifically afforded the following rights in accordance with Art. 13 et seq. GDPR:
• The right of access without charge to the stored personal data pertaining to the individual and to rectification, blocking or erasure of this data.
• The right to data portability. To the extent that the controller processes the personal data using an automated procedure on the basis of consent or for the fulfilment of a contract, the data subject may receive the personal data in a commonly used, machine-readable format. Insofar as the data subject requests that the data be directly transferred to another controller, this shall occur solely where technically feasible.
• Right to withdraw consent granted. Insofar as the controller processes the data subject's personal data on the basis of consent, this consent may be withdrawn in writing at any time with future effect. The lawfulness of data processing procedures up to the time of withdrawal shall remain without prejudice from the withdrawal.
• The right to object to data processing. The controller will no longer process the data subject's personal data unless the controller demonstrates compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or where processing serves to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
• Right to lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority. Insofar as the data subject considers that the processing of their personal data by the controller is contrary to applicable law, the data subject in question may lodge a respective complaint with any data protection supervisory authority.
Section 9 Legal remedy
Recourse to legal action is excluded.