Gender Pay Gap
Melitta UK Ltd Gender pay gap announcement
Melitta UK Ltd welcomes the opportunity to report our gender pay gap under The Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017.
This Gender Pay Gap Report is based on data as at the 5th April 2019, at this point Melitta UK Ltd employed a total of 279 staff with 188 (67%) being male and 91 (33%) being female.
At Melitta, we believe in creating a diverse and gender-balanced workforce. We believe in job opportunities for everyone regardless of gender, background, race and ethnicity. We are striving to create a truly inclusive culture.
Our overall mean gender pay gap is 12.47%. Our gender pay gap is lower than the National Average of 17.9%. We are committed to ensuring that there is no difference in pay rates for those who are carrying out the same function and at the same time naturally we want to understand what is driving our pay gap and how and what we can do to improve it. We know that our gender pay gap is not a pay issue but is down to lack of female representation in certain roles. We have more men than women in our senior roles.
Throughout the Production and Warehouse Departments, all operators are paid using a pay grading system that rewards those employees who carry out functions which require a higher skill set, irrespective of gender.
All Office based and Sales staff have been salary benchmarked and these roles have been evaluated based on the industry and other roles within the Company.
77% of the Production and Warehouse employees working the night shift receive a higher shift allowance and these employees are predominantly male.
- Mean Gender Pay Gap = 12.47%
- Median Gender Pay Gap = 4.09%
- Upper Quartile – Males = 70.31%
- Upper Quartile – Females = 29.69%
- Upper Middle – Males = 67.16%
- Upper Middle – Females = 34.33%
- Lower Middle – Males = 72.58%
- Lower Middle - Females = 27.42%
- Lower Quartile - Male = 64.79%
- Lower Quartile - Female = 35.21%
- Proportion of Males to receive bonus = 22.87%
- Proportion of Females to receive bonus = 18.68%
- Mean Gender Pay Gap in bonus pay = 56.67%
- Median Gender Pay Gap in bonus pay = 8.33%